Friday, August 29, 2008

Staff Retreat with spouses....

So our church just had the first staff retreat with spouses so I was lucky enough to be invited since I am married to the Pastor of Student Ministries...and this happens...
We start the retreat off by playing a friendly game of guesstures (similar to Charades but it is electronic) and I'm pretty good at these types of guessing games so I'm pretty excited, that is until I see the word that I have to act out in front of the whole pastoral staff at my church...yeah...everyone else gets cat, dog, blanket...not Heather...she gets LAXATIVE.....that's always a great way to start off a staff retreat!
Day 2 we start off by going over personality tests that we took before the retreat started and wowzers did they get to learn a lot about the inner workings of me...on the hostility score I got a 95% which means only 5% of the people surveyed (about 9,000 females) were more hostile than me! That's great...that is something every Pastor's Wife should strive for! Not only am I hostile but I'm also anxious which makes for a great combination! On the upside I am self-disciplined which is good...I guess!
I think I may be sick when this retreat rolls around next year for fear of what else may be unveiled!

All in all it was actually a great weekend...and now I have plenty of attitude changes to work on!

No comments: