Thursday, August 7, 2008

India 08-09

Later this year I will be embarking on a new adventure...traveling to Calcutta, India for two and a half weeks. There are a few things that make this trip an incredibly exciting opportunity:
1. I have never been to India! India is 80% Hindu which just screams "We need to see Christ's love"!
2. I only know one other person going on this trip...the team leader who invited me. The team is based out of Southern California and there is a chance I won't meet anyone until we all gather at the airport in December...
3. We are going to be working with the organization Mother Theresa started, Missionaries of Charity...so awesome!
and...
4. I expect to see things that I have never experienced before being that we are going to be lending a hand in numerous homes for the dying, clinics and orphanages.
Oh and did I mention we may see a live goat sacrifice at a Hindu temple??!!

I'm pretty excited about this trip and I can't wait to see how God is going to work through it! I'll be posting updates leading up to the trip and hopefully during the trip...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so great. I'm excited for you! I've always thought it would be neat to go to India. It seems like a really interesting country. I've had a few friends go on mission trips there and they loved it. What an amazing opportunity for you!

Lindsay (your Simons sister)