Saturday, September 6, 2008

An Incredible Gift

While I am super excited for my upcoming India trip I am constantly seeking God's will and wanting to make sure it is what He wants me to be doing. I am nervous about the trip and there are numerous things that continue to pop into my mind that make me begin to doubt my thinking that I am suppose to go on the trip. I have sent out a number of support letters to inform family and friends of my latest adventure and have been thoroughly blessed with the prayer support, encouraging notes and generous financial donations however the most recent donation I received encouraged me and settled my doubting mind in ways I never expected. With today's economy I know money is tight and I have received so much support and simply do not have adequate words to express my gratitude to everyone. As I shuffled through yesterdays mail mostly consisting of bills and junk I noticed an envelope from a family of one of my 7th grade small group girls and as I opened it I was brought to tears as I pulled out $20 and a note telling me that the money was for my India trip and had been earned by the 7th grader through babysitting. While I have received generous donations of all sizes and know they all come with a sacrifice it amazes me how this beautiful girl was willing to make a sacrifice for God's Kingdom and for my trip. As I read the note I remembered the days when all my money was earned through babysitting and how tight I clung to every penny of that hard earned money and was overwhelmed with a sense of comfort...a sense of peace that I am suppose to be going on this trip. So, I thank you my dear small group participant because you have encouraged me and settled my mind in great ways...You are a beautiful child of God and I thank you for believing in me when I was having trouble believing in myself.

No comments: