Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Starts

It's been a while since I've been active in the blogging world and man oh man a lot has happened!
It's been six months since my husband of over three years told me he was resigning from his position at our church and also walking out on our marriage. The last six months have not been the easiest, to say the least, but I have learned so much about myself, forgiveness and the promises God offers. I am finally at a place where I can recognize the good in the divorce and am able to forgive him for the pain he caused and the promises he backed out on.

Forgiveness is not an easy or quick road to walk down but it is one that I feel benefits me more than it benefits him. Just yesterday I was able to send him an email explaining to him that I had forgiven him for the pain and chaos he threw into my life-it wasn't about releasing him from any consequences of his actions or validating his choices, it was about releasing myself from the burden of his decision and letting myself move on. I forgave him because Christ first forgave me. Did he deserve my forgiveness? Maybe not but then again I don't deserve the forgiveness Christ has given me either.

So, what is "and this happens" now about? It's about the adventures I take as a single woman rediscovering herself, her purpose in life and her purpose in Christ. It's about seeing the silver lining in what seemed like a very dark, thick cloud.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

You just made me cry. I love you Heather. I love your courage. And how you're brave. And that you let you're heart grow bigger all the time. I r.e.s.p.e.c.t. you!